Welcome to Travel Notes & Beyond. Whether you are looking for travel advice or some inspiration for your next travel adventure, you’ve come to the right place. This site is jam packed with destination guides, itinerary ideas, as well as tips to help you get the most out of your vacation time. Travel Notes & Beyond focuses primarily on unique destinations and outdoor adventure.
To make your search easier I divided this site into the categories below. To find what you are looking for, you can either click on one the categories, or use the drop-down menu at the top of the page. Also, if you scroll further down, you’ll find my latest post as well as my most popular post.
In the southern part of Romania, not too far from Bucharest, there is a small city of great historical importance: Curtea de Arges. One of the oldest towns in the country, Curtea de Arges was the…
Egg painting is one of the oldest and most important Easter traditions in Romania. While the tradition is common to all Central and Eastern European countries, the custom of decorating the Easter eggs with complicated folkloric…
Romania is one of Europe’s most devout Christian countries, a fact that is visible in the multitude of churches, cathedrals, and monasteries that you see everywhere you go. From the wooden churches in Maramures, to the…
- 14 Spectacular Stops on the LA to San Francisco Drive
- How to See Los Angeles in 3 Days – the Perfect Itinerary
- 2 Weeks in Europe – 10 Excellent Itinerary Ideas (+ Travel Tips)
- 18 Beaches in Lake Tahoe That I Promise You’ll Love!
- How to Dress Like a European – The Ultimate Packing List for Europe
- One Day in L.A. – How to See the Best of Los Angeles in a Day